Tier II Reporting – The Basics
Idaho facilities covered by the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) must annually submit an emergency and hazardous chemical inventory form to the Idaho Office of Emergency Management (IOEM), the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), and their local fire department. Facilities provide this information in Tier I or Tier II Form. Idaho requires use of the Tier2 Submit software or Tier II form (where applicable).
The deadline for 2020 submissions is March 1, 2021
Tier II Reporting – The Specifics
Tier II Forms require basic facility identification information, employee contact information (both emergency and non-emergency), and information about chemicals stored or used at the facility, which include:
- The chemical name or the common name as indicated on the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- An estimate of the maximum amount of the chemical present at any time during the preceding calendar year and the average daily amount
- A brief description of the manner of storage of the chemical
- The location of the chemical(s) at the facility
- An indication of whether the owner of the facility elects to withhold location information from disclosure to the public (which must meet Federal provisions)
Please note that the list of required information in the Tier II Reports (beginning with Report Year 2018) has changed, as well as revisions to information which has been collected in past years. Click here for an overview of some of the changes.
Tier II Reporting – The Software
To help you comply with the annual chemical inventory reporting required by EPCRA, the Idaho Office of Emergency Management encourages electronic submission via Tier2 Submit software.
- Tier2 Submit is a free software available at.
- Completed Tier II Reports may be submitted to: email@example.com
- Reports must also be submitted to the facility’s LEPC & local Fire Department.
Significant Changes in Tier2 Submit 2020
- Added the ability to export files divided by field values.
- Added the ability to export PDF files sorted by field.
- Added an advanced import feature, through which the user can opt to see all import warnings at the end of the import session.
- Changed attachment upload process to allow users to attach more than one file at a time.
- Enhanced the Find on Page feature.
- Added red boxes around invalid fields.
- Added a link to view the data folder location.
- Smoothed the visual re-ordering of sub-records.
- Updated state-specific fields.
- Fixed several bugs.
- Revised the help topics.
- Tier2 Submit 2020 will accept 2018 and 2019 .zip and .t2s files. (2017 and prior .zip and .t2s files are no longer supported)
- .t2s files and .zip files created in Tier2 Submit can be imported into CAMEO Data Manager, which has replaced the previous CAMEOfm program.
You will find the following documents helpful in completing your inventory.
Tier II DOCUMENTS (All documents are PDF format)
- Tier II Quick Reference Guide
- Chemical Inventory Form (Updated November 2019)
- Confidential Location Form (rev 12/2018)
- Trade Secret Substantiation Form Instructions
- Trade Secret Substantiation Form
- Exemption Form
- Report Checklist
Other Information You May Find Useful
- EPA List of Lists (June, 2019)
- Facility Letter of Instruction (revised 12/31/2020)
- Counties/LEPCs/Fire Dept Letter (revised 12/22/2020)
- LEPC’s and Agencies Accepting Electronic Tier II Reports
- LEPC Contact List (revised 12/29/2020)
- Idaho County Designations
If you need further assistance, please call (208) 258-6549 or (208) 258-6584