Tier II Reporting – The Basics
Idaho facilities covered by the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) must annually submit an emergency and hazardous chemical inventory form to the Idaho Office of Emergency Management (IIOEM), the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), and their local fire department. Facilities provide this information in Tier I or Tier II Form. Idaho requires use of the Tier2 Submit software or Tier II form (where applicable).
The deadline for 2018 submissions is March 1, 2019
Tier II Reporting – The Specifics
Tier II Forms require basic facility identification information, employee contact information (both emergency and non-emergency), and information about chemicals stored or used at the facility, which include:
- The chemical name or the common name as indicated on the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- An estimate of the maximum amount of the chemical present at any time during the preceding calendar year and the average daily amount
- A brief description of the manner of storage of the chemical
- The location of the chemical(s) at the facility
- An indication of whether the owner of the facility elects to withhold location information from disclosure to the public (which must meet Federal provisions)
Please note that the list of required information in the Tier II Reports (beginning with Report Year 2013) has changed, as well as revisions to information which has been collected in past years. Click here for an overview of some of the changes.
To help you comply with the annual chemical inventory reporting required by EPCRA, the Idaho Office of Emergency Management encourages electronic submission via Tier2 Submit software.
- Tier2 Submit is a free software available at.
- Completed Tier II Reports may be submitted to: email@example.com
- Reports must also be submitted to the facility’s LEPC & local Fire Department.
You will find the following documents helpful in completing your inventory.
Tier II DOCUMENTS (All documents are PDF format)
- Tier II Quick Reference Guide
- Confidential Location Form
- Trade Secret Substantiation Form Instructions
- Trade Secret Substantiation Form
- Exemption Form
- Report Checklist
Other Information You May Find Useful
- List of Lists
- Facility Letter of Instruction (Revised 12/14/2017)
- Counties/LEPCs/Fire Dept Letter (Revised 12/14/2017)
- LEPC’s and Agencies Accepting Electronic Tier II Reports
- LEPC Contact List
- Idaho County Designations
If you need further assistance, please call (208)258-6549.