Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Annual Preparedness Conference?
- The APC is an education, outreach, and training event for Emergency Managers, County Commissioners and Tribal Council Members. Topics will include emergency preparedness, disaster recovery, mitigation activities, and more.
- This conference will allow Idaho’s Emergency Managers, County Commissioners and Tribal Council Members the opportunity to hear from local, state and national emergency management professionals, as well as engage with IOEM team members and their programs.
- IOEM will sponsor one County or Tribal Emergency Manager per jurisdiction, as well as one County Commissioner or Tribal Council Member per jurisdiction. Sponsorship will include travel, lodging and per diem reimbursement.
When and where can I register?
- Registration is now open. Please contact Administrative Specialist, Hope Allen at (208) 258-6591 to receive a registration form or download and complete one of the two registration forms from above.
When is the registration deadline?
- September 15th, 2019
When will the conference take place? Where is it located?
- The Riverside Hotel
2900 W. Chinden Blvd Boise, ID 83714
- The Riverside Hotel
- October 1-2, 2019
- Tuesday – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday – 8:00 am – 02:30 pm
Is this an open registration for all Emergency Managers or is this just for the Main Emergency Managers and one Commissioners?
- Yes! Open to all, however only the County and Tribal Emergency Managers/Coordinators and one County Commissioner or Tribal leader from each jurisdiction will be reimbursed for attendance. There will be a conference fee for others to cover the cost of meals provided.
Non IOEM Sponsored attendee’s registration cost.
- The conference registration fee is $60, travel will be at your own expense. For those attendees who are not sponsored, please contact the hotel directly at 208-344-7691. Reference the conference group code: Idaho Mil Block
How will reimbursement be handled?
- For those attendees being sponsored by IOEM:
Travel costs are to be reimbursed after the conference. Eligible costs for reimbursements include:
- Per Diem for meals not provided at conference
- Lodging is to be paid directly by IOEM for up to two nights (Monday and Tuesday) Additional nights will be at your expense.
How do I make hotel reservations?
- For those attendees being sponsored by IOEM, you will be contacted by IOEM to finalize your lodging plans. Please do not contact hotel directly. If you desire nights outside of the IOEM sponsored dates of Sept 30-Oct 01, you will need to contact the hotel directly. Additional nights are not eligible for reimbursement by IOEM.
- For those attendees who are NOT sponsored by IOEM, you will need to contact the hotel directly at 208-344-7691. Reference the conference group code: Idaho Mil Block. Non-IOEM sponsored attendees are responsible for their own travel costs.
What are the main topics that will be discussed?
- Disaster 101, Cascadia 2022 preview, Cybersecurity, Training & Exercise, Youth Preparedness Council, School Safety and Security, and more.
Who are the keynote speakers?
- Sheriff Bob Gualtieri – Primary Investigator for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas School Shooting in Parkland, Florida
- Idaho Governor Brad Little
- Mike O’Hare, FEMA Region Ten Administrator
Is the conference schedule available?
- A draft conference agenda is available at the top of this page.
For additional information on sponsorship or any other questions, please email IOEMConference2019@imd.idaho.gov or contact: